If your business operates in the United Kingdom or otherwise has business interests in England, you need a knowledgeable legal partner that understands business and real estate laws in both the United States and England. The Elliot Legal Group, P.A. is based in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Florida area, but also provides U.K. legal advice on cross-border transactions between the United Kingdom and the United States. We are proud to offer dedicated, skilled representation to international clients, including British citizens.
Legal Practice Areas
The Elliot Legal Group serves businesses of all sizes with cross-border legal matters in the U.K. and the U.S. We are well-versed in a wide range of industries, including but not limited to real estate, financial services, payments, venture capital, technology, telecom, automotive, maritime, boutique and online retailers, hotels, and more.
Our key practice areas include the following:
- Corporate and Business Law: The Elliot Legal Group has extensive experience handling corporate and business law matters for companies conducting business in the U.K. Our international business attorneys can provide advice from startup through dissolution.
- Business Transactions: Your business’s contracts and legal agreements should be designed to protect your organization and its key stakeholders. With experience and a solid understanding of the laws impacting cross-border transactions, The Elliot Legal Group can help ensure your company’s contracts are designed with your interests in mind.
- Business and Civil Litigation: The Elliot Legal Group can also represent you and your business in litigation in the U.S. or in the U.K. Where negotiations or alternative dispute resolution make sense, we’ll work to help you avoid time-consuming and expensive litigation. However, sometimes litigation is necessary. In that event, your U.K. attorney will be a fierce advocate, building and arguing your case in a way designed to help you achieve a positive outcome.
- Real Estate: The international business attorneys at The Elliot Legal Group can also help with all aspects of commercial real estate. Our goal is to guide every commercial real estate matter to a successful conclusion — whether you need legal advice or representation.
- Title Insurance: Title insurance and escrow matters can be complex, especially when cross-border real estate transactions are involved. We can assist with every step in the process — from loan commitment letters to surveys, due diligence and recording deeds.
- Real Estate Transactions: From development to construction, lending to leases, and purchases to sales, The Elliot Legal Group can help. We are committed to providing practical advice and tailored services throughout the process, with the goal of closing every transaction successfully for our clients.
- Real Estate Litigation: When commercial real estate disputes arise, the international business attorneys at The Elliot Legal Group provide dedicated advocacy for clients. Whether a dispute is related to a sales contract, a problem with a government agency, or a lease issue, we are prepared to fight for our clients’ interests.
- Paymaster: We also offer paymaster and escrow services to clients in the U.K., as well as those in the U.S. We understand and strictly adhere to regulatory compliance and legal requirements, providing peace of mind for our clients knowing that funds are in the capable hands of a neutral, reliable third party.
Your Trusted International Business Attorney
Whether you reside in the U.K. or elsewhere, if you need the assistance of a U.S.-based lawyer for one or more of the key practice areas identified above, turn to The Elliot Legal Group.
With deep expertise and years of experience handling cross-border legal matters for clients in England as well as in the U.S., we are prepared to provide the highest-quality legal services. Managing partner and founder Gavin T. Elliot is licensed to practice law in England and Wales, in addition to his licensure in Florida and Washington, D.C.
When you need a U.K. lawyer, choose The Elliot Legal Group. To learn more and to schedule an initial consultation, contact us today.